So, you’re getting ready to make a move to Missouri.. Before you, a lot of other people have decided to relocate to Missouri making it the 18th most populous state in the US.
Missouri is known as the “Show Me State.” St. Louis is called “The Gateway to the West” and “Home of the Blues”.
It may be the only state with a state dance – the Square Dance, and a state musical instrument – the fiddle.
Kansas City, Missouri has more fountains than any city in the world except Rome and has more miles of boulevards than Paris.
And if you think that Winston Churchill made all of his famous speeches in London, England, you are sadly mistaken. Missouri is where Winston Churchill delivered his famous “Iron Curtain” speech.
Missouri’s St. Louis Arch is the tallest monument in the US. It is 630 feet tall. By comparison it dwarfs both the Statue of Liberty and the Washington Monument.
Here are some Funny Laws in Missouri to consider before your transferring to this state.
(1) Single men between the ages of twenty-one and fifty must pay an annual tax of one dollar.
(2) It is not exactly illegal to speed.
(3) It is illegal to eat clam chowder on Sundays between 11:50 AM and 12:48 PM.
(4) It is illegal to drive with an uncaged bear.
(5) it is illegal for four or more unrelated women to rent an apartment together.