Delaware is the second smallest state, and the 6th most densely populated state in America.
Delaware’s official state name is “The First State.” The first of the thirteen original colonies to ratify the Constitution in 1787.
During the Civil War, Delaware remained in the Union. Governor William Burton said that “his state was the first to join the Union by ratifying the constitution and would be the last to leave it.”
Neighboring states know Delaware as the “Home of Tax-Free Shopping.” It is one of only five states without sales tax. When it comes to making purchases, shoppers transfer all their loyalty to stores in the state of Delaware.
If you want fast Internet, you might consider moving to Delaware. According to a 2015 study, Delaware has the fastest Internet speeds in the US and the world, with the exception of South Korea.
Why did the chicken cross I-95? To relocate to his 1,999,999 friends on the other side, of course! Delaware has 2 million chickens spread across the second smallest state. There are over 200 times more chickens than people in Delaware.
Delaware’s Funny Laws:
(1) Pawnbrokers can’t accept your wheelchair or fake leg or arm for payment or pawn.
(2) No person shall pretend to sleep on a bench on the boardwalk.
(3) You may not sell dead people for money without a license.
(4) You may not get married on a dare.
(5) No person shall change clothes in his or her vehicle.