So, you’re moving to Wyoming, the alphabetically last state in the US. It is also the least populated state. The fewest people of any US state live in Wyoming.
Before it became a state, Wyoming was part of the Spanish Empire. At the end of the Mexican American War in1848, Wyoming was ceded to the United States. But the oldest residents of Wyoming are the Paleo native Americans who have lived here for at least 12,000 years.
Wyoming Ones, Twos and Threes: There are only two escalators in the entire state of Wyoming, both are in bank buildings in Casper. In the entire state of Wyoming there is only one area code – 307. Wyoming is one of only three states that has straight lines for each of its borders.
Residents of Wyoming are very happy. In fact, it is the second happiest and healthiest state in the US. Hawaii is the first.
North central Wyoming has a most interesting mystery – there is a mysterious pattern of stones that sit at an elevation of 9,642 feet near the crest of the Bighorn Mountains. The Medicine Wheel is an important prehistoric archeological stone shrine with 28 spokes and a circumference of 245 feet. Move over Stonehenge.
And here are some of Wyoming’s Funny Laws:
(1) Any person who fails to close a fence in Wyoming is subject to a fine of up to seven hundred and fifty dollars.
(2) In Cheyenne, residents are not allowed to take showers on Wednesdays.
(3) It is illegal to tattoo a horse.
(4) All new buildings that cost over $100,000 to build must have 1% of funds spent on artwork for the building.
(5) Using a firearm to fish is strictly forbidden.