Moving to Washington is moving to a paradise for wine-lovers. Washington is a mass producer of world-class wine. It’s the second-largest wine-producing state in the US. Besides wine, Washington state produces more apples than any other state in the union.
If you are a devout churchgoer you might want to reconsider a move to Washington as it has the highest percentage of non-religious people in the U.S., and church membership is among the lowest of all states.
Scenic views abound in Washington state: The highest point in Washington is Mount Rainier. It was named after Peter Rainier, a British soldier who fought against the Americans in the Revolutionary War. Maybe that’s the real reason they named their state after President Washington – to make up for the Rainier blunder.
Like all the others, Washington has some pretty Funny Laws:
(1) The harassing of Bigfoot, giant Sasquatch, or other undiscovered subspecies is a felony.
(2) No person may walk about in public if he or she has the common cold.
(3) Here in Washington, it is illegal to sleep in an outhouse without the owner’s permission.
(4) It is illegal to attach a vending machine to a utility pole without prior consent from the utility company.
(5) It is illegal to buy a mattress on Sunday.