When you resettle in North Carolina you should arrive by airplane. That would honor the fact that you are moving to the state where the Wright Brothers completed their first flight in Kitty Hawk The North Carolina license plate displays the states motto: “First in Flight.”
As a new transplant you have an assignment – find out why North Carolina is called the Tar Heel State. In the meantime, you should know that North Carolina is the birthplace of Pepsi Cola, and that the legendary Babe Ruth hit his first home run in Fayetteville on March 7, 1914.
UNC is the oldest state university in the United States. This is sometimes contended by University of Georgia and William and Mary. North Carolina was the first state to declare independence from England with the Mecklenburg Declaration of 1775 (this, too is sometimes contended). Virginia Dare was the first English child born on American soil.
Some of North Carolina’s Funny Laws are:
(1) You Cannot Legally Borrow Your Neighbor’s Dog.
(2) You Cannot Legally Host an Organized Meeting Wearing a Mask.
(3) Alcohol Cannot Be Served While Playing Bingo.
(4) Elephants may not be used to plow cotton fields in the state of North Carolina.
(5) No rollerblading on any highway.