If you are relocating to New Jersey, you are settling in The Garden State known for its exceptional produce (Jersey tomatoes are known the world over as being the tastiest you can buy).
Let’s start with New Jersey’s impressive coastline:
a. Its long and beautiful coastline has long made the state a popular vacation destination, with over 50 seaside resort towns.
b. Atlantic City is home to the world’s longest boardwalk.
d. Saltwater taffy’s origins can be traced back to Atlantic City in 1883.
e. The street names in the Monopoly board game are named after actual streets in Atlantic City.
Enough about New Jersey’s coastline. You are moving to a very historical state. New Jersey was the 3rd state to enter the union on December 18, 1787. New Jersey was the first state to sign the Bill of rights. The light bulb, the motion picture projector, and the phonograph -record player were invented by Thomas Edison in Menlo Park, NJ.
Now let’s take a look at some fun facts about New Jersey: New Jersey is home to the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island. Cheerleading was started in Princeton in 1869. New Jersey has more racehorses than Kentucky.
Some of New Jerseys Funny Laws:
(1) It is against the law to wear a bulletproof vest while attempting to commit a violent crime.
(2) It is against the law to pump your own gas.
(3) It is illegal to sell handcuffs to minor.
(4) If convicted of driving under the influence, you’re no longer allowed to have custom license plates.
(5) In Newark, it is illegal to purchase ice cream after 6 p.m. without a doctor’s note