Massachusetts, nicknamed The Bay State, is sometimes called the Baked Bean State. Massachusetts is the only state with a state berry – the cranberry.
The earliest humans arrived in Massachusetts around 3,000 years ago. European explorers began roving the coast as early as the 11th century. In 1629, a royal charter was granted to the Massachusetts Bay Company to promote the settlement of the territory and to govern the colonies.
When you relocate to Massachusetts, you will be moving to one of the oldest states in the US with a couple of interesting firsts:
The First American Lighthouse is in Massachusetts. Founded in 1636, Massachusetts is home to the first American university, Harvard in Cambridge, the first subway system was built in Boston.
Get this: Massachusetts has a lake with longest name. In Webster you can gaze upon Lake Chargoggagoggmanchauggagoggchaubunagungamaugg.
Here are some of the Funny Laws that exist in Massachusetts:
(1) It’s technically illegal to use tomatoes in clam chowder in Massachusetts.
(2) In Boston, it is illegal to bathe unless your doctor gives you a prescription. BUT it’s also illegal not to bathe before going to bed in Boston.
(3) In Boston, duels can be carried out to death on Sunday as long as the governor is present.
(4) It is illegal to take a lion to the movies.
(5) No gorillas are allowed in the back seat of cars.