Indiana means “Land of the Indians”, or “Indian Land.” It is nestled between Illinois, Ohio, Kentucky, and Michigan.
All transplants to Indiana quickly learn that they have moved to a state that is known for its love of basketball and for producing stars such as Larry Bird and Louie Dampier.
Indiana is home to the Indy 500 which is known as the largest single-day sporting event in the world in terms of attendance, with and estimated 350,00 spectators flocking the stadium every Memorial Day weekend.
.Santa Claus, Indiana gets more letters to Santa than any place. They arrive by the thousands, and every one of those letters do get a reply!
The first city in the United States to use electric streetlights was Wabash, Indiana in 1880.
Before you move to Indian you should know some of Indiana’s Funny Laws:
(1) When you go fishing, be sure to check your gear because it is illegal to catch a fish with dynamite, firearms, a crossbow, or your bare hands.
(2) It is illegal for a liquor store to sell you a cold soft drink or water.
(3) Pedestrians crossing the highway at night are prohibited from wearing taillights.
(4) In Warsaw, Indiana it is illegal to throw an old computer across the street at your neighbor.
(5) In South Bend, it is illegal to make a monkey smoke a cigarette.