Are you afraid of snakes? Then moving to Hawaii would be a good option for you. There are no snakes in Hawaii. As a matter of fact, there are also no squirrels, hamsters, or gerbils, and it is illegal to own any of these animals. So, if you are moving to Hawaii, say aloha (this time it means “goodbye”) to your pet hamster.
There are no interstate highways in Hawaii. What state would the highway connect to?
Hawaii is home to the only royal palace in the United States – Iolani Palace.
Are you a language buff? If so, relocate to Hawaii and you will be moving to the only state that has two official languages, and the Hawaiian language has only 12 letters in its alphabet. Move here and you are likely to have a nice long life because Hawaii has the longest life expectancy in all of the U.S.
Hawaii is the first state to ban plastic bags and billboards, and by law, no building can be taller than a palm tree, which is about 4 stories tall.
Here are a few little-known facts about Hawaii: (a)The hula was originally performed by men, (b) Surfing was invented in Hawaii, (c) Maui’s Mount Haleakala is the largest dormant volcano in the world, (d) Hawaii is the only U.S. state that is permitted to grow coffee commercially.
Here are Hawaii’s Funny Laws:
(1) It is illegal to have more than one alcoholic drink in front of you at once.
(2) Coins are not allowed to be placed in one’s ears.
(3) Hawaii residents can actually be fined for not owning a boat.
(4) By law, twins are not permitted to work for the same company.
(5) It used to be illegal for one to leave home without knowing where they were going.